- 9 am Saint Bernard Chapel at Snowshoe. (non-denominational)
- Lunch at the cabin, sandwiches & chips
- Afternoon activities around the cabin, mountain board, bike, horseshoes
- Dinner and bonfire with Smores
- Leisurely breakfast
- 12:00 CASS 2 hour train ride to Whittaker Station. Leave at 10:30 to allow extra time to purchase boxed lunches at the station 304-456-4300 or 800-CALL WVA.
- Cabin: Up the drive and to the left, hike to the top of Buzzard’s Ridge. (2-3 hours) Find and follow deer trails to the top
- Adventurous group to ride Prop’s Run bike trail, or bike Snowshoe Mountains downhill trails and boardwalks distance bikers head to the flat Greenbrier River Trail
- Fishing party heads to the Elk River Head waters to fish for trout. 2/3 miles south on 219, Right at the Lumberyard, park and walk through to the Elk River.
- Afternoon of Paint Ball wars for those that brought their paint ball gear. Capture the flag in the Top of the Ridge maze followed by every man for himself.
- Dinner: Pizza & Subs. Pick up at the base in Slatyfork at the gift/restaurant shop or at the intersection of 66 and 219.
- 10:00 am depart with picnic lunch to Whittaker Falls swimming hole
- On the way, stop at the Elk Springs Resort to feed the trout. Buy a handfull of feed and watch them jump
- Dinner at Greenbrier Grille & Lodge overlooking the Greenbrier River in Marlinton with a Dairy Queen ice cream desert.
- Pocahontas Opera House for a play
- Movie at the cabin in 5.1 surround sound and a game flashlight tag in the yard. Settle the evening with stories around the bonfire.
- Lunch and then kids to Cass to rent inflatable rings to float down the Greenbrier.
- 2:00 pm Golfers Tee off for 18 holes at Raven’s Golf Course 1-877-441-4FUN
- Evening: Frog and Salamander races at the cabin. Hopefully everyone has been searching and collecting their prized racer during the week. 6 foot Bullseye target spray painted on grass and starting from the center, the first racer to exit the outer circle wins. Only rule is no scaring your competitor’s racer, but you can cheer your racer on as much as you want.
Saturday Group pictures for Mom and Dad and Grandma and Grandpa and departures
- 10:00 am drive to the Green Bank observatory for tour of the “world’s largest moveable structure” and lunch. (40 minutes) Tours are on the hour.
- Stop on the way back for Picnic at the Green Bank elementary school wooden castle type playground
- Final Paint Ball competition